Sunday, November 11, 2012

#9 Best Friends Forever


I spent the day looking for what I was most grateful for that day. I had almost resigned to just picking something random until I went bowling. 

Hotstuff and I have some friends with two small kids. We were neighbors and still attend church together. So Sargent Daddy called us and suggested that our families  all go bowling together. We met at the bowling alley and paid for our game. Sargent Mommy sat out while the rest of us got ready.

I was a little concerned that she wasn't playing. Sargent Mommy said that she wasn't feeling good and was really sore. Then she told me that she was pregnant! I am so excited to see there family grow again. 

Then she told me something that I wasn't expecting. She told me that she was really wanted to tell me that she was pregnant. She is not too far into her pregnancy and was excited to tell me about her happy news. I feel honored that she wanted to tell me. Late in the evening, I realized how grateful I was to be a friend and to have friends in my life.

I have been blessed with great women in my life to be my friends. They know my deepest secrets, my biggest dreams; they share my tears and laughter. They have watched me grow and learn. They have seen my triumphs,  my failures, my awkwardness and my victories.

They know who they are and all I can hope for is that I have been the great friend that they have been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment