Tuesday, November 20, 2012

#19 Music of the Night

I went for my Monday run last night. Once again, I was grateful for this run.
 
But it's time for another confession....
 
I love music!
 
I have a very small addiction to Amazon.com, where I purchase about 98% of all of my music. (Disclamer: the only time I purchase from iTunes is when I recieve a gift card. I am not a fan of iTunes at all.)
 
I love Pandora.com. and the variety I can get from that website. I have discovered some great music from there. 
 
I never go anywhere without my iPod touch and I would be lost without it. I couldn't run. I have a playlist called: Run Fatty!, the playlist I listen to when I run.
 
Run Fatty! includes:
Anna Sun- Walk the Moon
Build God, Then We'll Talk- Panic at the Disco!
Up Up & Away- Kid Cudi
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Sweet Dispostion- The Temper Trap
X Amount of Words (live)- Blue October
Shiver- Coldplay
and 25 more awesome songs.
 
I am all about good music!
 
I am a fan of Miles Davis, Billy Holliday, Miles Davis, Frank Sinatra and many others. I LOVE Opera and classical music. I love religious hymns. I love rock and roll. I grew up in the Great Northwest, where Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and all things grunge shaped my generation, changing music. (Sorry all you hair band fans!)
 
Music is a great power in our world and can inspire. I am grateful that I can hear music; that I can feel it. There is freedom in music.
 
I am grateful for the sound of music and the possibilities it creates.
 
“If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it;”
William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

No comments:

Post a Comment