Thursday, November 15, 2012

#15 Food, Glorious Food!

I love food and I love to eat.

But most recently, I have not been able to enjoy eating. It has become a painful and naseauting experience each time I try to.

My most favorite food is my mother lasagna. I know exactly how she made it but I cannot make it taste the way she did.

I love fruits and their sweetness. I don't think I have met a vegietable that I haven't liked... except eggplant (and maybe a couple others). I love POTATOES and TOMATOES! I have a sweet tooth that I need to do better at controlling.  I am a tree hugger but still enjoy a great steak every so often.

I am always trying new things in the kitchen. I am even experimenting with baking. GASP!!!

Like I said earlier, I am no longer find joy in food. So this Thanksgiving, I am grateful for food. I am grateful for the taste of peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, bread, turkey, cranberry sauce, gravy, pies in all their variaties and any other favorites that I have forgotten to mention.

I am grateful that even though I can't eat, I know that I have been bleesed with a bountious table full of wonderful things that tempt my tastebuds.

No comments:

Post a Comment