Friday, November 23, 2012

#21 Mom and Pop and Daniel Craig

I had the amazing opportunity to attend to 2nd Annual Turkey Trot in Price, Utah this week (more on that to come soon). I decided to go down and stay with my dearest friend and kindred sister, LJ. We decided to go out to dinner and a movie. We went out for dinner, received horrible service and missed the 7 pm movie.
Since she had a sitter for her kids, we decided to go to the late movie and see Skyfall, the new James Bond movie. We double checked the times and knew that there was a 930 playing. Once we finally got done with dinner, we headed over to the theatre. Once we arrived, to our dismay, there was no 930 showing of Skyfall and there was nothing else good to see. 

We talked for minute, totally at a loss of what to do and the owner of the theatre looked at us and said: "If you guys want to watch Skyfall, I can start it up again at 930."

So just for us, the owner of the theatre gave us a private showing of Daniel Craig! I mean, Skyfall. (Which is an awesome movie by the way! It is a must see!!!)


 If I had gone a BIG theatre ( *cough cough Cinemark *cough cough) and missed the time the movie started then I would have missed the movie all together, no one would have offered to show it again. Plus my 32 oz soda and skittles only cost me $4 not $8.  The consideration, courtesy and personal service is something that is forgotten these days.  So I am truly grateful for small businesses, those mom and pop shop that are willing to treat you like you are important enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment