Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Smooth Sunday Sounds (posted on a Tuesday)

I  am a huge U2 fan and to prove my fandom: if the world ended tomorrow and I could only take one CD with me it would be The Joshua Tree album by U2.

One of my most favorite movies is a German film called: Faraway, So Close.

It's about an angel, Cassiel, who falls in order to experience a mortal life.  Below is a clip from the film.


So what do you get when my favorite movie and my favorite band collide???

This:
 Stay (Faraway, So Close)

 


(Sorry about the subtitles, it was the one I could find)

 
If I could stay...
Then the night would give you up
Stay...then the day would keep its trust
Stay...with the demons you drowned
Stay...with the spirit I found
Stay...and the night would be enough

Three o'clock in the morning
It's quiet and there's no one around
Just the bang and the clatter
As an angel runs to ground

Just the bang
And the clatter
As an angel
Hits the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment