Thursday, June 17, 2010

Car Seat Covers

I recently discovered how to make car seat covers! So last weekend I pulled out my sewing machine, fabric, Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice... the Colin Firth Version of course) and got to work!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is part of a baby present being sent to Washington for a friend of mine. It is a three piece set (car seat cover, recieving blanket and a cloth covered diaper wipes (small) box. )
The Back side


The front side
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I rummaged more through my box and discovered fabric that I had not touched in three years!!
I call this one: Send in the Clowns. I just love the simple bold colors that I used.



Side 1


Side 2
The purple butterflies took me about three hours since it was my first. Send in the clowns took me two! I had a lot of cutting to do. In the process of all of this, my daughter learned about Mr. Darcy and I rediscovered my sewing machine. I have more fabric calling my name and like all busy moms... just gotta make a couple of quiet hours in the evening to sew some more!
I am starting to make these to sell. So if you are interested or know someone who is leave your name and email in the comments and I will contact you!

No comments:

Post a Comment